Sunday, June 5, 2022

June 5 – “Avoiding the crowds”

We had a quiet day at home yesterday.  Any chance we can take to avoid the summer weekend crowds … we take. 

 

We started off with one of those big outdoor walks.  Chris is absolutely addicted to them now.  I’m still a ways behind her on the habit front.  We did the whole two and a half miles, though.  And the last three-eighths of a mile really woke up my sore hip again.  Apparently, I need at least a day’s rest in between these jaunts now.  I’ll have to convince that hip otherwise before our next trip, though. 

 

Speaking of trips, we spent some time chatting about our upcoming journey to Hawaii.  That’s not happening until April of next year, but Chris is incredibly efficient.  She has already pored over all the data concerning everything from the excursions to our plane ride over there.  She is ready for our big pow-wow next week with the other two couples who are going.  Me?  Point me in the right direction and give me a little shove.  What do I want to do or see there?  I want someone to give me a lei at the airport and kiss me on the cheek.  I want to see Pearl Harbor.  I want to go to a luau.  Everything else will be gravy. 

 

We heard from Josh.  They are home from their trip to DisneyWorld and beyond.  The kids told us all about their favorite rides.  They also enjoyed their stops at Cape Canaveral, Vicksburg, and West Monroe, Louisiana.  Yep, they are fans of good ol’ Uncle Si and the Duck Dynasty gang.  Sounds like they had a great vacation.  Well, except for when they had to drive through a few tornadoes …

 

We ended the day with the Astros game.  No bats … again.  6-0 bad guys.  Then we watched a Hallmark movie.  Well, I watched it.  Chris read a book.  Great evening. 

 

Acts 1:8 says, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

 

Father, thank you for watching over Josh and his crew on their drive through those tornadoes.  Amen.

No comments: