Sunday, June 26, 2022

June 26 – “We’re baaack”

I started the day with my usual day after camp scramble to get things around my desk into their proper places. That’ll take a while. We’re baaack … at least for a couple of weeks.

 

However … next, we left the island again to get to the karate graduation. Ezra went first. Micah and Josiah performed at Noa’s. The two youngest ones broke their ceremonial boards and received their next level belts. Micah and Josiah will get their black belts at the end of July. Kel was supposed to get a Krav Maga belt (or whatever you get for that class), but he was home sick with the flu.

 

On the way home we connected with Cailyn by phone. She and her mom were in Galveston at a medical event.  They had to leave before we could get there though. Sure miss seeing them.

 

Back at the house we had some lunch and watched the rest of the Astros no-hitter over the Yankees. Always a wonderful day. Then we watched a Hallmark movie. We were actually starting to relax a little bit.  But I had to spend a few hours working on a sermon for church today since Kel is definitely under the weather. Sounds like the flu.

 

Once I got something worked out there, we put together shelf number three out of four. Still haven’t put all the books on yet, but we’re getting there. And I understand Freddy is coming home today. We’re almost back to normal. Or whatever random lack thereof equals our life.

 

Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

 

Father, please fill me up with your Spirit today for the teaching at church.  Amen.

 

No comments: