Monday, June 20, 2022

June 20 - "Father’s Day”

I was up early enough to start working on the children’s camp teachings. Josh is going to interview me each night at the large group worship time. Well, not me exactly. I will be playing a different Bible character each time. Peter, Josiah, Nehemiah, and Lazarus. The hard part right now is  keeping each night’s teaching emphasis in my mind. I still have a few hours to figure it out.

 

We joined the family for worship. Then we went to the adult Sunday School class we generally attend when we are in town. They were studying Nehemiah. I paid close attention since he’s one of my characters this week. Kudos to the teacher team.  They did a great job. We found out later that he is Josh and Christi’s PCP. Chris said she wished she had known. She would have questioned him in detail about Josh’s recent medical issues.

 

Back at the house Christi prepared a spread of chicken fajitas. Or tacos. Orr red maybe you’d call them burritos. I don’t know. But they were good. Dessert was the cinnamon cheesecake from the day before. That really hit the spot. Then they pulled out the Father’s Day gifts for Josh. Imagine my surprise when I was included as well. I got two of those cooling wrap things. Perfect for being outside at camp. They also gave me a catfish head drink holder. And finally there was the Father’s Day bag of treats from AnnaGrace. Oh, and I had a Father’s Day phone call from Nathan. We chatted for however long it takes him to drive to work. Then Kel called with his good wishes, and we talked for a while.  Ended up watching the famous paratrooper scene from The Longest Day with Zak and Caleb.  Great day.

 

Psalms 103:13 says, As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;

 

Father, thank you for the expressions of love I received yesterday. And … Happy Father’s Day to you, too. Amen

 

No comments: