Saturday, June 4, 2022

June 4 – “Divide and conquer”

Chris went for a walk all by herself yesterday.  I know.  Sounds sad.  And makes me look like a real derelict.  But without me as human baggage, she broke all records of times in her mile splits.  She got it down to almost 17 minutes.  The best we have done together is 18.12.  Guess I have been really slowing her down.

 

So what did I do in her absence?  Hip exercises.  Yep.  My new best friend and constant companion, the sore hip has really been barking at me lately, especially when I first stand up after sitting for a while.  Or of course when I have been moving around for a while.  Chris said she thinks it is probably bursitis.  She wants me to go to the doctor about it.  I want to exhaust a few other options first.  Like exercises and/or stretches.  Of course, now other parts of my body are sore from doing the stretches and exercises.  Sigh.  We’ll see how it goes from here.

 

Chris then decided it was time to mow the grass.  No, not for me to mow it.  She wanted to do the job.  She actually likes to mow.  So, in somewhat of a reversal of traditional roles, she mowed the grass and I went to WalMart.  We needed some more fruit.  Hey.  Both jobs got done, right?

 

And finally, last night we watched the Astros together.  Well, together until Chris fell asleep on the couch.  It was a great game that she missed, too.  Good guys won 10-3.  Three home runs.  Great starting pitching again.  Hope the bats stick around now.

 

Galatians 5:14 says, “For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

 

Father, thank you for the prolific wife you gifted me.  She is amazing.  Amen.

No comments: