Monday, June 27, 2022

June 27 – “Patience maker”

It was great to be back at Seaside yesterday.  And even more fun to be there preaching.  Thanks for the opportunity, Pastor Kel.  I even managed to throw a Visual Verse at them.  I used the one from children’s camp.  They jumped right in like I haven’t been gone for five months.  Actually, I think they were just being very kind to me, and I appreciated it.

 

We went to lunch with Lauren, Cathy, and Sam.  They are all from our home group, so it was old home week.  Great to be together with them again.

 

Back at home we said hello to Freddy first.  She has something going on with her ear, so it looks like we’ll be making a vet trip sometime in the very near future.

 

After watching the Astros lose in extra innings to the Yankees (rats!), we attacked that remaining bookcase.  While I struggled with the screws and bolts and boards, Chris began the arduous task of placing stuff on top of the shelves. Baskets and pots old gas lamps and clocks and even a few books.  I finally got to reorganize some of the books that were already inside.  We still have to decide on one more location for one of the bookcases.  After that I may or may not get to bring in a box or two from the garage.  As for now we have a big pile of books on the office floor. Patience maker, for sure.

 

We ended the day with a Hallmark movie. We have to a lot of catching up to do in that ballpark, as well. 

 

Isaiah 41:13 says, “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

 

Father, thank you for our Seaside family.  As great as traveling has been, it is always great to see the family again.  Amen.

No comments: