Sunday, January 7, 2024

January 7 - “Another (albeit small) victory”


It was back to the old grind yesterday. I mean for me, anyway. Chris joined me for my journey around the block (almost half a mile). Back felt fine. Hip indicated that it has been missing me for some time. I didn’t have to give in to its urgings and stop, though. That’s another victory, albeit a small one. 


Chris, of course, continued on to do her speed walk of two more miles. Last time she wasn’t able to get the stairs in because she “didn’t feel so good.” She went right back at it this time. Completed ten or twelve flights. Did I mention she’s my hero?


After lunch we had to go over to Randall’s to pick up two prescriptions. One for me was easy. Twelve bucks. Muscle relaxers for my back. But oh, the other one. It was Chris’ grease-the-blood-circuits shots. Let’s just say we should get quite a few pennies off on our next gas purchase there. Ouch. 


Last night we settled in and watched the Texans football game on TV. Monday Night Football on Saturday Night. Weird title, isn’t it? Sam asked why the Texans were suddenly on prime time. Big game, that’s how. Both teams were in the exact same predicament. A win would put them heading to the playoffs and in position to win their division. A loss would kick them out of the playoffs completely. Actually something to play for. Exciting stuff, especially when the Texans actually came out on top. 


Isaiah‬ ‭60‬:‭1‬ ‭ says, Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.


Father, thank you for Chris’ commitment to her workouts. Help me as I try to work up to it. Amen. 

No comments: