Thursday, January 4, 2024

January 4 - “Putting it away”


I did a little jumping the gun yesterday. My appointment is not until Friday, but Chris was doing all the work of taking down and putting away Christmas stuff. So I decided to pitch in. She wouldn’t let me do much, so I stuck to the light stuff. You know, picking up the couch and the two tables and a chair or two and moving them around the room. Stuff she couldn’t do in her own. 


OK. OK. If you really believe that, then you have never met my wife. Oh, it’s true that she took down the Christmas stuff. But as far as my help? Not much to see here. She did let me take the top layer of the tree off, but only because she couldn’t reach it. And we did move some furniture, but all I did was shove the rug into place. I live with a taskmaster. 


Last night we caught Sam up on a few more classic movies. 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians. I’m sure she will never be the same because of it. 


Psalm‬ ‭119‬:‭11‬ ‭says, I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.


Father, it’s kind of sad when the Christmas decorations go away. But then … it’s only 355 more days until it will be here again. Gotta love anticipation. Amen. 

No comments: