Friday, January 5, 2024

January 5 - “Follow-up day”


Kind of a big day today. Follow-up appointment with my neurosurgeon. We’ll see what he says about restrictions. 


Chris was on quite the hot streak yesterday she walked a really slow half-mile with me, then she ramped it up and did two more miles on her own. And she wasn’t satisfied with her split times. I told her she shouldn’t be so hard on herself. After all, it’s been at least three weeks since she’s done a walk that didn’t involve a Walmart cart. 


She spent the afternoon doing some deep house cleaning. I’m pretty sure she was inspired by the blooms on her azaleas and her evil demon thorn bush (I never can remember its name - something like boogervilla). I think seeing the blooms sent her into Spring Cleaning mode, and now she’s stuck there. Winter’s not done yet, though. 


Highlight of the evening? We watched the movie that Chris got for Christmas - Holiday Inn. Been looking for it for a long time. Great old black and white picture from 1942. It was the introduction for the song White Christmas. Lots of singing and dancing. 


Psalm‬ ‭143‬:‭10‬ ‭ says, Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground!


Father, please be with us at my appointment this afternoon. Amen. 

No comments: