Tuesday, January 23, 2024

January 23 - “Seeing OUR cardiologist”


We took another day-trip into Texas to see Chris’ cardiologist. Well, I guess technically he would be “our” cardiologist. I did see him, too. Just not today. Well, I guess I did see him, since I was with Chris, but I didn’t “see him” see him. At least not for him to listen to my heart or anything. 


It was Chris’ regular checkup day. To make a short story even shorter, he was kind of worried about the same partial blockages he has been watching (and the pains and shortness of breath she’s been having). He switched around some medicines again. Wants her to come back in six months. Unless, of course, something comes up. So I guess that’s a fairly good report. 


Back in Galveston, we went straight to Randall’s to get prescription refills for the both of us and some stamps. Sadly, they had no stamps. Something about a shipment being held up. Stamps on a shipment with groceries? I thought they just went down the street to the post office. Oh well. I can do that. 


The next phase of our plan was to hit Walmart after lunch for a few things …like milk and bananas. That plan got put on indefinite hold when the bottom dropped out of the sky. A friend in Jamaica Beach posted that they were having 2” of rain per hour there. Yep. He was right. And it hit here with a vengeance. To pass the time, I finished up some work on the Bible study for Thursday. Then I put on the very last of the Hallmark Christmas movies we had saved. Great way to spend the afternoon. 


Matthew‬ ‭9‬:‭36‬-‭38‬  says, When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”


Father, thank you for the good report from the doc. And thanks for the rain. Amen. 

No comments: