Tuesday, January 2, 2024

January 2 - “Ambitious start”


I started my day quite ambitiously. I joined Chris for a tiny bit of her walk. Actually I just went around the block. And I had to stop at one end. Not because of my back, though. It was my hip muscles barking. I stopped at the end of the street to stretch them out a bit. Have you ever tried to stretch your hip without bending, lifting or twisting. Not an easy task. Fortunately, I made it home with task one in the books: Return to walking. I’ll certainly try …


We turned on the Rose Bowl Parade after our walk. It made me think of my Mom. She loved watching the New Year’s Day parades. If I remember right, the Rose Bowl parade was the first thing she ever watched on her first color TV. Quite an introduction to then- state of the art technology. 


Lunch was a blatant nod to Southern tradition. Cabbage, black-eyed peas, and ham were all on the table. That means good luck and money are coming our way in the New Year. Bring it on. 


We spent the afternoon in various shades of nappage. Sam was waiting anxiously for 4 pm to get here. She has been looking forward to the Alabama and then the Texas football games all week.  She was rooting for Alabama. Lost that one. Then we were all rooting for Texas. Sam made it almost to halftime before falling asleep in the recliner. Sorry to say … we all gave up on Texas and went to bed. I watched some more of the game on my phone after I got in bed, but it didn’t help. Texas lost, too. Oh well. 


Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬ ‭says, In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

‭‭

Father, thank you for helping me complete that round the block walk. I needed it. And there are more to come. Amen. 

No comments: