Friday, January 12, 2024

January 12 - “Tookin’ it easy”


It felt like I was really back in the saddle again in more ways than one. First of all, I woke up sore from my exertions of the day prior. Kind of expected that. So, following the suggestion of my in-house nurse, I just “took it easy.”  


And by “took it easy” I mean physically. Mentally, not so much. I spent some time working on the teaching for home group. First one of the year. First one since before my surgery, in fact. Almost forgot where we were. I also spent a good deal of time at my desk reconciling our bank statement. I made a few careless errors that I had to fix.  Not critical. Just time-consuming. But my back sure wasn’t used to the ol’ desk posture scene. Still makes me tired just thinking about it. 


That long-awaited first home group of the year went pretty well. I thought about giving them a review test to see if they remembered anything. But I guess I’m just too … nice. It was great seeing everyone again. Cathy, you were missed!


Psalm‬ ‭27‬:‭4‬ says, One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.


Father, thank you for our home group. Great folks. Bless them. Amen. 

No comments: