Wednesday, January 3, 2024

January 3 - “Removal”


Our initial foray into the outside world involved a trip into Texas. We went to the LaMarque Vaughan house to pray with Josiah before his surgery to remove his tonsils and adenoids. Best part of this trip (except the prayer, of course? I had the ultimate privilege of waking him up. Oh, yeah. “I’m a nut” is still operable, folks. And he loved it, of course).  


We stopped at Walmart on the way home. Had to restock some more of the pantry now that everyone is gone. 


We did get some regular reports on Josiah’s status. He noted at one point, “They gave me grippy socks so we can stop at jumping world on the way home.”  I’m sure that’s exactly what they are for. Just like I’m sure you will feel more than ready to go jumping. 


Later on he ordered root beer flavored knockout gas and a white cherry icee for the recovery room. Hmm. I never got to make choices like that in my surgeries. I’ll have to talk to my neurosurgeon about that. 


When all was said and done, Josiah was headed back home by about 4:30. All in a day’s work, right, Josiah?


James‬ ‭1‬:‭22‬-‭24‬ ‭ says, But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.

‭‭

Father, please be with Josiah as he now looks toward recovery. Ease any pain he might have, and help the healing go quickly. Amen. 

No comments: