Sunday, January 21, 2024

January 21 - “IT’S COLD OUT THERE!”


27 degrees when we left Waco. And I’ve been getting/seeing posts of temps all over the country. I have come to a conclusion. IT’S COLD OUT THERE!


It was still cold when we stopped at Buc-ees in Waller. Temp app said it was 44. Still felt like 21 to me. I had a giant BLT (only ate half of it). Chris had a chicken burrito. Sounds healthy, right? I almost couldn’t lift it. She said two things about it. It was spicy hot (must have been. She can usually handle spicy with ease). And it was chock full of rice (Unexpected. I would have thought maybe beans). It was all good eating, though. And as a bonus, I was able to replenish my supply of candied cashews (or whatever they call them).  


We made it home in time to watch the Texans playoff game. Not that I have watched them much this year.  But, hey. They’re the team from Texas left hanging around, so what else could I do? Aaaand of course they lost. Oh well. Better luck next year. 


Good to be home. 


1 Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭7‬ says, So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.


Father, thanks for you for a safe drive home. Thanks as well for keeping us and Sam and the rest our family warm! Amen. 

No comments: