Wednesday, January 24, 2024

January 24 - “The Near-fatal Banana Debacle”


OK. OK. Before anybody gets too worked up and worried out there … no, I did not slip on a banana peel and fall and break my head. Or even my now-fragile back. Nor did Chris. Or Sam. No.  The situation was near fatal, however … for the bananas. 


We went to Walmart, as we sometimes, (ok. Habitually, then) do when in need of the refreshment that comes from, well, eating. We gathered the things we needed. But then … we arrived at the banana stand. Now, understand, I eat a banana a day. But this day I had eaten my last one. No hidden stashes.  Just me and my empty curvy metal thing with the pointy end upon which one hangs his gaggle of bananas. 


But alas and alack, the banana stand was, well, not empty, but dangerously close. We eased over to check out the final few remaining banana bunches, but I held out little hope of finding even one stray good banana amongst the paltry few really bad ones remaining, facing imminent death. 


My pessimism appeared at first glance to be well-founded. Things (i.e. bananas) were not looking good. But suddenly, tragedy was narrowly averted! Chris reached behind part of the display and came out with just the perfect batch o’ bananas. Phew! My pending panic attack dispelled, we continued on and concluded our trip. Bananas on deck. All is well. 


Hey. Couldn’t resist tossing a little bit of banana drama into your lives today - all three of you who read this. Go on. Have a banana. You know you want one …


Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭9‬-‭13‬ says, Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.“


Father, thank you for bananas. They are good. Amen. 

No comments: