Saturday, January 13, 2024

January 13 - “Normalcy?”


Yep. It’s officially winter. We took a walk again in the morning. Well, I made my half mile, then Chris disappeared into the cold abyss. And by cold, let me add that not only was it cold, the wind was also blowing at alarming speeds. Nothing like a romantic stroll into a 30 miles per hour headwind out of the north. 


I did take another step toward normalcy. Well, as “normalcy” as is going to happen when I am involved. I started a new puzzle. Out of the three or four I got for Christmas, I picked the one chock full of baseball references and images. Perfect. Very colorful as well. This is already a fun one. 


Last night, after a quick trip to Walmart to get a prescription for Sam, we swung by Little Caesar’s for a pizza. Had to keep up the Waco Vaughan’s tradition and all. 


Later in the evening we had some visitors from afar. Sam’s sister and her husband came by to help us eat that pizza. They also brought some ice cream for dessert. Pizza and ice cream. Does it get any better at the table than that?


Isaiah‬ ‭41‬:‭10‬ says, fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.


Father, thanks for giving Kathy and Michael a safe trip. Watch over Kathy and Sam tomorrow as they continue reconnecting. Amen. 

No comments: