Thursday, January 11, 2024

January 11 - “Spring??”


I added an extra block to my walk yesterday. Thank God for small victories. And speaking of not-so-small victories … Chris got up to twenty flights of stairs on her workout. Nice job!  


OK. In case you weren’t aware as of yet, Spring is either here or shortly to be expected. And how do I know that, you may ask?  Two reasons. First, at lunch yesterday Chris and I had an extended conversation about the possibility of a trip to Florida in March for … ?Yep! Astros Spring Training baseball. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do. Several things have to converge in our direction for it to actually happen, but the possibility is enticingly exciting. 


And what would be the second reason I have to proclaim the presence (or near-presence) of that wonderful season called Spring?  We spent several hours wading through stuff in both our hall closet and a portion of Chris’ closet. We still have a lot to go in that second one, but in her defense, that closet has been our go-to catch-all for 25+ years now. It’s been fun uncovering treasures so far, and there are more to come. Oh, and that doesn’t even include my closet, which has its own forgotten trove of wonderfulness. 


Spring?  Bring it on. 


2 Corinthians‬ ‭4‬:‭16‬ says, So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.


Father, I know you probably have a few more days of Winter left out there for us. But we do love Spring around here. Amen. 

No comments: