Tuesday, January 16, 2024

January 16 - “Winter Wars”


Well, the cold, evil Northlands have sent their first volley in the dreaded Winter Wars. We woke to a frigid 39 degrees with a wind chill below freezing. We tried to ignore it as long as we could, but when Corey came over with an offer to help cover plants, Chris jumped at the chance. 


He brought us some nifty plant-covering things. We added some sheets of our own, bundled up the best we could (and still retain muscular mobility), and hit the yards. It didn’t take all that long. I had already covered the outdoor faucets the best I could back before the iciness hit. Well, I did run into a problem there. I was unable to get the hose off of the faucets in the front and back. I finally gave up and wrapped them the best I could.


As for this most recent effort, Janell and Brennan joined us, and we covered the key plants. No idea the names of them. Have to ask Chris. Some of the others we put inside. I know the fern and the blooming Christmas cactus were among those granted indoor refuge. Thanks, Neighbors, for all your help. 


Oh, and we finished the latest puzzle. Baseball memorabilia. Lots of fun. 


Psalm‬ ‭34‬:‭14‬ says, Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.


Father, we do appreciate the help From the Geran’s. Bless them. Amen. 

No comments: