Friday, August 9, 2024

August 9 - “Cookies and Pizza”


Back at it. No really different way to say we walked two miles … again.  But it must be a good thing. All of our doctors seem impressed when we tell them. Guess they don’t have many “young” 70 year olds (OK … 70+ for me, 70 almost for Chris) trekking on the streets of Galveston. 


Chris and Sam had to head into Texas again for another doctor appointment. While they were gone I went over to Walmart. Top o’ the list? Cookies for home group. Well, that and bananas. I also filled up our gas can. Sadly, that means today is mow the grass day. It does need it. So … in spite of the heat, here we go. 


Last night we picked up where we left off in home group. David is still not king. Sure is taking him a long time. Thanks, by the way, to Dennis and  Pedrameh for bringing pizza. Glad to see you out of the hospital, Dennis. 


‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭7‬-‭8‬ says, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. There is reserved for me in the future the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that day, and not only to me, but to all those who have loved His appearing.


Father, thank you for cookies and pizza. But thanks more for the people you have put in our lives. Amen. 

No comments: