Saturday, August 17, 2024

August 17 - “Happy Birthday to my gorgeous wife, Chris”


I know she’s not the high-profile pastor’s wife any more, or the ever vigilant Mama Chris in the church nursery, or the always reliable one-in-charge of Bethlehem Street Market. 


You may recognize her instead as the kids camp/youth camp counselor, or the knowledgeable and caring nurse, or the coach’s wife, or that lady who walks in the neighborhood even when her husband cops out on her, or the unparalleled vacation/cruise planner, or the five-star hostess extraordinaire, or the good friend, or however you have known her. And to me she has been confidant, best friend, walking partner, caregiver, lover, us-against-the-world-er, and a host of other adjectives. But all that to say … for crying out loud, she made it to 70 years! 


Speaking of 70 year olds … you do realize that I’m saying Chris turns 70 today don’t you? Yep. Today. Feel free to inundate her with good wishes. Make a phone call (text me if you need a phone number or address, or just send it to me). Send a text or an email or a snail mail card. Stop by the house. Let her know she’s still remembered and loved.


‭‭John‬ ‭20‬:‭29‬ ‭ says, Jesus said, “Because you have seen Me, you have believed. Those who believe without seeing are blessed.”


Father, thanks for you so much for the many years I have been blessed to be with Chris. I’ve said it before, but … you done good there. Amen. 


No comments: