Tuesday, August 6, 2024

August 6 - “Color me inspired”


We did our walk. Sounds kind of boring now, I know. But it is meaningful to us every time we complete it. Especially during the Olympics. Color me inspired. Woohoo!


In the afternoon I made a hospital visit. One of our local pastors (OK. It was Dennis, who is also part of our home group Bible study) was having an emergency heart Cath. He ended up having a stent put in, and his prognosis is really good. He will probably be released sometime today. 


In the way home from the hospital I stopped in at fire station one (Central). I had a chance to chat with the interim fire chief, the new assistant chiefs, one of the new battalion chiefs, the administrative assistant and the fire marshal’s assistant, as well as a couple of the on duty crews. Always great to hang out with the best fire fighters around. And I sure am proud of them. 


Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭23‬-‭24‬ says, Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ.


Father, thank you for the good report on Dennis. Be with Pedrameh as she walks with him. And thanks once again for our fire fighters. Watch over them. Amen. 

No comments: