Monday, December 4, 2023

December 4 - “Internal deduction”


Well this was unexpected. I woke up yesterday,at 3:15 as usual. My back wouldn’t settle down enough for me to get back to sleep, as usual. So I got up and began my morning routine, as usual. But when I got around to toasting myself a bagel, I noticed something was amiss. And sure enough, after some “internal deduction,” it was confirmed. I have a loose filling in one of my teeth. No way to get to the dentist before surgery, though, so I did the ol’ bite down trick and crammed it back in place. Guess that’ll have to do. I’ll just chew on the other side until my back heals enough to grant access to the dentist. Yay. 


Church was good. There have been lots of new faces, and quite a few kids. There was even a couple who met Kel at the party at the Jamaica Beach park the night before. God’s at work. 


After the service we had to stack and move the chairs into the nursery. Everybody pitched in, and that task was knocked out in very short order. Micah and Josiah stuck around and helped move tables and whatever else Nana came up with. She really wants her last market as the head honcho to go over well. Thanks for the help, everyone. 


Meanwhile, Cathy gave Sam a ride to her house so she could spend some more cuddle time with Snickers the Cat (who, for some feline-insane reason, came right to me for the second time the other day).  Robert visited Sam at her house as well (But I don’t think he was there to compete for cuddles. He’s just her talking buddy, and has been for years).  Lauren brought her home last night. 


I had to take two showers before the surgery this morning. One before bed and another this morning. Guess that’s in case I get really dirty rolling around in my nice clean sheets. Hey … I’m just following doctor’s orders. We have to be at the hospital at 5 a.m.  That meant early morning wake-up call. 3:30 alarm time. 3:03 actual awake-because-of-sore-back time. To her credit, Chris bounded right out of bed when the alarm went off. Well, maybe “bounded” is not the right word. But she did get up fairly quickly. 


And here we go!


‭‭Psalms‬ ‭130‬:‭5‬ ‭says, I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.


Father, I place me in your hands.  Oh, and I place the surgeon’s hand in your hands as well. 

No comments: