Sunday, December 17, 2023

December 17 - “Shingle-rific“


Boring day for me. Not so much for the pain receptors in my back, though. They were working overtime with these shingles. I felt the heat the cream was supposed to generate the night before, but it never showed up yesterday. Made for another shingle-rific tough day. 


Chris made a Texas trek to see Ezra’s latest karate graduation ceremony. Pretty proud of that little guy. She also went to Randall’s for yet more prescriptions. 


I stayed home and watched a 1935 version of A Christmas Carol. It was fascinating. Black and white, of course. And no special effects save for a pretty impressive use of shadows. I’m still holding out for my favorite version of all time, though. That would be the one starring Alastair Simms. I’ll keep looking. 


Last night we joined Sam to watch Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. She had never seen it. Funny stuff. Even funnier watching with someone who is watching for the first time 


John‬ ‭13‬:‭35‬ says, By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. 


Father, thank for the chance to be with Sam as she experienced a mfun Christmas movie. Amen. 

No comments: