Sunday, December 3, 2023

December 3 - “Two events: Past and Future”


I had an unusual experience with Freddy yesterday morning. She was a lot more restless than she ever is. Usually she plays with her toy for a few minutes, then jumps into a chair and goes back to sleep. Not this time. She hesitated even getting into the chair, then came over and jumped into my lap. She never does that with me unless I invite her. I scratched her ears a bit, then went in to check on Chris. I thought maybe Freddy knew something I didn’t. Chris was fine. Freddy jumped in bed with her and got some snuggles. I gotta admit, I wondered a bit about Sam as well, but I decided to let her sleep until Chris could check in on her. I don’t know. Maybe Freddy’s super-power dog senses were telling her I was about to have an operation. 


Later in the morning we ran down to Koop’s Barbecue. I wanted to get the bill paid ahead of time for the barbecue sandwiches we will be serving at Bethlehem Street Market. Gonna be good stuff. Speaking of which …


<<Commercial Break Coming up …  Come on out to Seaside Church in Jamaica Beach on Saturday (the 9th) from 10-4. Eat barbecue or homemade soups. Buy Christmas gifts. That’s all>>>


After lunch we took Sam out to her house for some kitty time. Then we went back to Seaside to mark off vendor spaces and move tables. Hey. I’m getting my back fixed tomorrow anyway. Might as well go out with a bang. Actually, she wouldn’t let me do much. You’d think she kinda likes me. 


From there we went over to the Jamaica Beach city park. Seaside was tasked with providing hot chocolate and goodies at the annual community Christmas party. Kel, Noa, Glenn and Anita, and me and Chris worked the hot chocolate/cookie/popcorn booth. And of course Sandy was in charge of the whole event. 


In spite of the nasty weather, the community made a really good showing. Santa (who arrived in a Jamaica Beach Volunteer Fire Department fire truck) and Mrs. Santa were there with an incredibly adorable young teenage girl as their elf. The Grinch made an appearance with Cindy Lou Who. We served up the hot chocolate and cookies and popcorn. There was face painting and cookie decorating and even a hayride put on by the police department. Great event, everybody. 


Ephesians‬ ‭2‬:‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭says, For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.


Father, please ease Chris’ stress as she builds up to the craft fair, especially with the added stress of my surgery. Amen. 

No comments: