Tuesday, December 19, 2023

December 19 - “Checkup”


Sam had the early morning doctor run yesterday. She had to have some blood drawn up in Texas. They were going to do some shopping as well, but the places they wanted to go to didn’t open until eleven. Too long to wait. I stayed behind and worked on my Christmas carving for Chris. It’s been hard. I can’t sit in one spot for two hours at a time with this shingles-back pain going on. Hope I can get this … nope. Not saying what it’s supposed to be. Not yet. 


In the afternoon Chris took off solo for an appointment with her medical oncologist. It was basically a checkup. Actually, the nurse practitioner did the “checkup.”  The doc just came in and said, “ Everything looks great. I’ll see you in three months.” Yep. Same as last time. Good news. Woohoo!


After supper we settled in to watch some tv. Mostly mindless DIY shows plus one new movie from Great American Family Channel. Terrible acting, as usual. Sweet messages within, though. 


Psalm 28:7 says, The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.


Father, thank you for the good news from Chris’ oncology visit. Amen. 

No comments: