Wednesday, December 20, 2023

December 20 - “Field trip (Accentuate the positive)”


Chris got back at it yesterday. She hit the road (literally this time).  I mean of course that she did her daily walk that has been put off by weather and doctor appointments and the like. Meanwhile, I put on my secretary hat. Sam had done paperwork she needed scanned and returned for some of her business. Finally! Something I can do fairly easily.  Fortunately, the computer behaved itself and didn’t try to update right in the middle of it all. Kudos as well to the scanner and the mystical airwaves that allowed the computer to talk to the scanner without a cable hookup. 


I’m back on the stronger version of my pain meds. Night before last was brutal. I was happy to get 15 minutes out of every time I dozed off. Only thing I did differently was work on the carving and do a walk in the house. Oh, well. I have an appointment today to get my staples removed from the surgery.  Then Friday I have to go to the PCP lady who is the stand-in for my regular guy. She is the one following my glorious shingles adventure. 


Oh, there was a field trip experience for me yesterday, though. Randall’s. We had to fill up the car with gas so we’d have enough to get to the doc today. We have spent so much on prescriptions at Randall’s that we got a 40 cents per gallon reduction. That put it all the way down to $2.05 a gallon.  But wait! The goodness didn’t cease there. Since we were there anyway, and since the sales prices had come out that morning, we were forced to go inside. What could possibly be enticing enough to pull us in and through the doors? Among the other things on sale … Blue Bell ice cream. $5.99 each. Limit of two. Got it. 


Last night we all watched a movie together. It had one of the funniest openings of all time. I won’t spoil it for you. I also am in no position to completely endorse it. For one thing, it’s rated PG-13. Gotta be a reason. For another thing, I slept through a lot of the middle part, so I’m not completely sure what it was about. Oh, did I mention the name?  Umm … Barbie. Oh, and one last thing. It was so … pink. 


Psalm‬ ‭47‬:‭1‬ says, Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!


Father, thanks for the great prices we encountered today. Every little bit helps. Amen. 

No comments: