Tuesday, December 12, 2023

December 12 - “Searching …. Searching … Searching"


grilled Chris a little bit yesterday about how long the residual nerve pain as well as the plain old achin’ back pain will last. We searched through several medical websites to get some ideas, and the consensus seemed to point to every bit of the six weeks recovery time my surgeon mentioned. So … constant, irritating pain in the back for the next six weeks. 


Next we looked at the exercise portion of the discharge paperwork we got. The actual exercises are easy. They don’t bother me much at all. 


However … 


It’s the walking that really gets to me. After two minutes or so the nerve pain tends to flare up. The boring back ache does too, but that feels more like muscles that I just need to keep challenging. Everything we read matched up with what the PT guy in the hospital said. “If it hurts, don’t do it.” I’m now searching for that elusive cut off point that begins with the exercises and ends with a walk of some kind. 


Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭25‬ ‭ says, Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?


Father, help me locate that elusive middle ground. Amen. 

No comments: