Monday, December 11, 2023

December 11 - “Overcoming”


I had one of those really early starts to the day. Like 3:30 early. I went ahead with my regularly scheduled med, got dressed and moved to my desk. Fortunately, I was able to doze off for at least an hour or so. Just leaning back in my chair with my feet up on the desk and listening to the wind all worked together to overcome the shingles-like nerve pain. Well, not completely “overcoming.”  More like getting through. 


I stayed home and watched church on line. Chris and Sam went on to church. They came home with some leftover soup and a brownie or two for lunch. Good stuff. 


We all spent the afternoon in various stages of napdom / movie watching. I for one was pretty tired, and I didn’t even leave the house. 


Isaiah‬ ‭40‬:‭5‬ says, And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.


Father, thanks for the relaxing sounds of the wind early in the morning. Amen. 

No comments: