Monday, December 18, 2023

December 18 - “Another classic”


I went to church online yesterday. Twice. Sam and Chris went on to Seaside and stayed for dinner on the grounds. Meanwhile, I watched Columbus Avenue Baptist Church at their website, then switched over to Seaside’s worship services on Facebook Live. At Columbus Avenue Luke and AnnaGrace sang in a  children’s choir special presentation. Caleb was in the adult choir, and Zak was behind the scenes working one of the cameras and making sure his siblings got plenty of air time. A real family affair. 


Last night we introduced Sam to another classic Christmas movie to add to her education (along with Home Alone 2, so far).  She had never seen Scrooged (with Bill Murray). She really seemed to enjoy it. 


I found it. The version of Miracle on 34th Street that I have been looking for. It actually stars Edmund Gwenn rather than Alastair Simms, so my bad on that. This one was made in 1947. Also black and white. Great movie. 


Romans‬ ‭15‬:‭13‬ says, May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.


Father, thank you that Sam got to see another classic. I love me some Christmas movies. Amen. 

No comments: