Wednesday, December 13, 2023

December 13 - “Filling the awake moments”


 It is a pretty easy task to record how I spent my day yesterday. Since around Thursday I have been enduring some really bad nerve pain radiating from my back around to my belly button. Sound familiar? It should. It is the same pain that led to the surgery (Not throw too much of a wrinkle into things, it is also the same exact pain I felt back when I had shingles. Hmm).


Only now it has gotten progressively worse. About the only time it doesn’t hurt is when I’m asleep. And thanks to the medication, I have been doing more than my share of that. I assumed that it was all the result of all the nerve manipulation that had to happen during the surgery, and perhaps that was the case. But it finally reached a point where I had to send a message to the doc to see if there was anything else I could be doing. 


Meanwhile, I filled my awake moments trying to read or watch TV. In that realm, I checked off another RomCom from the ever-growing list. This one was on the Great American Family channel alternative to Hallmark. Same basic story lines, just without the compromises of the more recent Hallmarks.  I also watched a CGI version of A Christmas Carol. Gotta see at least two versions or it has not been a complete Christmas, you know. 


I never did hear back from the doc, but he has 48 hours to respond.  I’ll just keep on doing what I’ve been doing. 


‭‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭15‬ says, If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.


Father, thanks for the joy communicated in Christmas movies. Grant that to real people, too. Amen. 

No comments: