Friday, December 15, 2023

December 15 - “A Shingles Bell Saga”


I got tired of waiting. Actually Chris suggested I just go ahead and call the doc’s office. When I got through (which, by the way, took less than a minute) the nurse said she had just sent a reply to me through MyChart. Huh. Missed it by that much. I had been checking all morning, and had checked one last time before I called. But as we chatted, I checked again. Yep. There it was. She asked if I could take a picture of the area that hurts and upload it through MyChart. Fortunately, I was just barely that computer literate. Chris sent me the two photos, and I sent them along. And then we waited … again. 


And later that afternoon I got a message back. Yup. Looks like shingles. I was instructed to see my PCP right away. Unfortunately, there were no appointments available yesterday. Soonest one is 8:20 this morning. 


Problem number two. How to get there. Our car is in the shop, and the truck doesn’t have a battery in it. We have the battery, but it is hooked up to the charge retainer in the garage. Oh, and did I mention … batteries are heavy? 


Our first call was to Jachin, our newly arrived home from college grandson. Just what he always wanted to hear. First chance to sleep in and he gets a request like this. Thanks, Jachin. You make a great Uber driver. 


John‬ ‭14‬:‭21‬ ‭ says, Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.


Father, thank you for the apparent diagnosis. Help the doc make it official so I can get started on the meds. Amen. 

No comments: