Tuesday, July 6, 2021

July 6 – “Super-Techie Dude?”

Have I mentioned that we started a new jigsaw puzzle?  It’s one of the ones we bought on our trip to Florida.  This one is an homage to the Florida Everglades.  It has alligators and crocodiles and turtles and birds and a puma and a gar and some fish.  Very colorful.  My two favorites, though, are the manatee and the otter/beaver-looking critter.  It’s kind of an odd shape, though.  The puzzle, not the critter.  Really long and skinny.  And it’s only 500 pieces.  And … we are already finished.  Thank you, Covid quarantine.

 

My other use of all this extra time has gone into pulling photos from 25 years of Seaside existence to use for a slide show at the anniversary celebration.  I have gone through literally thousands of pictures we have stored on our external hard drive.  I pulled likely candidates into a file on my computer desktop.  Now I have to wade through all those and cull out a massive portion of them.  I think the ones that win the right to stay will generally be those where you can see faces clearly.  But we’ll see. 

 

Chatted with my friend and long-distance Seasider last night.  Gary is working with me to try and figure out how we can adjust the sound on the Sunday morning FaceBook Live feed.  Apparently it fades in and out, and sometimes is impossible to hear at all.  We’ll have to try getting the phone closer to me when I talk, or search harder for some kind of hard connection from the mike to the phone.  Or maybe get an amp pointed at the phone.  Or … I don’t know.  How about hiring Super-Techie Dude? 

 

Psalms 119:1-2 says, “Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart – they do no wrong but follow his ways.”

 

Father, thank you for the capability we do have to broadcast at all on Sundays.  Please use our meager efforts.  Amen.

No comments: