Sunday, July 4, 2021

July 4 – “What was that pop?”


Here’s a quick little “oh, no” to add to my Covid list.  Actually it’s not really a Covid thing, but why not attach the blame there?  It’s available, and I can’t go anywhere else for a few more days.  Last night while I was working at the computer, we heard a pop.  Didn’t think much of it, though.  After all, the Astros game was about to start.  Well, this morning I opened up the computer as usual, and the wireless mouse didn’t work.  The little laser light was still on underneath, but nothing.  I played with it for a while, but still nothing.  And then the light went off.  Ah.  Dead battery.  I opened up the little critter.  Little did I know that I was actually performing an autopsy.  The aforementioned pop?  One of the batteries had gone all “Happy Independence Day.”  Literally exploded.  Battery acid was covering all the circuits.  It was … fried.  And now the reason I connected everything with Covid … can’t go get another one just yet.  So what am I to do?  Yep.  I’ll have to teach myself the ins and outs and nuances of that built-in mouse pad that’s supposed to make my life easier.  Sigh.  I’ll muddle through it for a while, but I think one of my first post-Covid stops will be a new mouse.  Or maybe a new laptop …

 

Yesterday Chris went on her walk and finished edging the back yard.  She mowed the day before.  I helped.  Sort of.  She wouldn’t let me outside.  I’m allergic to the spores released in freshly cut grass.  Horrible smell, by the way, that freshly cut grass.  But then I have Covid, so that must mean I wouldn’t be able to smell it, so it would aggravate my internal allergy sensor, right?  Yea, she didn’t buy it either.  She was adamant that I not do anything to aggravate anything remotely respiratory.  So how did I help?  I showed her how to reload the weed eater cartridge.  Hey, that’s something, isn’t it?

 

Speaking of Covid symptoms, I tried some cinnamon hot tea, always on of my favorites.  No taste, of course.  There was an oh-so-faint hint of cinnamon smell, though.  Maybe.  OK … it was pretty much hot water.  I do feel pretty good, though.  Maybe I can bust out of here soon …

 

Galatians 5:13 says, “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free.  But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.”

 

Father, thank you for the word you showed me in your word today … Do not fret.  Help me with that one.  Amen.

No comments: