Tuesday, July 13, 2021

July 13 – “Come … eat cake”

Well, it was back in the Monday saddle for sure for me yesterday.  Got started on the sermon preparations.  Also attacked the usual Monday agenda items – birthday cards, Bible study prep, worship prep.  Not to mention the ever-growing tasks related to the anniversary celebration.  Throw in the usual phone call or two, and you have a pretty good picture of our Mondays.

 

Now there was one brief respite from the computer screen.  We had to make a WalMart run.  Several reasons for this one.  We were getting low on groceries – totally out of bananas, and that just can’t happen.  And my toothbrush died.  I mean my electric one, so it literally died.  Chris wanted me to get a new one anyway.  Can’t take the chance that it is Covid-infected, you know.  Hate to go down that road again.  She would hate for me to go there again, too.  Different reasons.  I also had to pick up a couple of final things to close the books on this year’s children’s camp.  We always give the kiddos a set of all the pictures we took throughout the week.  Had to have something to store them on.  Now I just need to compile them all, load ‘em up, and ship ‘em out.  Oh, and we also picked up one of those foam bed toppers.  That’s been on my list for a long time now.  Got to test it out last night for the first time.  I thought it was really nice.  Chris couldn’t really tell a difference. 

 

Cathy came by and told us about her family vacation trip to Branson.  She seemed to have a great time.  She also brought over a check to pay for the brisket catering for the anniversary.  That’s gonna be some good stuff.  Koop’s barbeque is providing the meat.  Everybody else is responsible for sides.  Well, except for cake.  We have a special anniversary cake coming that is supposed to serve 200.  Come … eat cake.

 

Psalms 139:23-24 says, “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

 

Father, thank you for busy days.  Makes me appreciate the slow ones that much more when they do come.  Amen.

 

No comments: