Tuesday, July 20, 2021

July 20 – “List-maker”

Are you a list-maker?  Boy, I sure am.  I even created a file on my computer that already has the things I have to do every day and week printed on it.  Less things to add.  And I have a different one printed up that is specific to what has to get done for Sunday morning worship services.  Maybe I’m a little overboard.  I guess it’s a holdover from my super-organized days.

 

Well, we started yesterday with a brand-new, all clean-looking slate of to-do things.  And then I picked up my pencil.  Started out by creating a whole different list just for anniversary-related things.  Too many to put on the regular list.  Then I made sure I had all the events coming up this week included.  With the meetings and visitation all surrounding Matt’s funeral, that section filled up quickly.  And of course we are down to the wire on the anniversary.  There will be some overlap this week, particularly on Thursday night.  Looks like the home group will be working on picture album assembly while I am at the funeral home visitation.  But I’m pretty sure they are good with that. 

 

I have been receiving more RSVP’s for the anniversary.  Got one yesterday from a couple who is one of the remaining charter members, Bob and Shelley.  And one came in from my former secretary of many years, Laura and her husband Jim.  We have been through a lot together.  The list is growing.  It will be great to see so many old friends in person.

 

Meanwhile … what’s with all the rain?  Reminds me of an article I just read in the paper (That’s an antique form of communication involving actual paper and ink.  Well, probably some form of computer toner now).  Not about rain, but it did involve water.  Tides, in particular.  Seems the moon is wobbling.  That, combined with all the “horrible global warming,” is going to make it more likely that Galveston will experience flooding.  Pssst.  Let me tell you a secret.  Galveston doesn’t need global warming or the moon to flood … just a hurricane.  And then we bounce back.  It’s who we are … it’s what we do. 

 

Proverbs 13:20 says, “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.”

 

Father, please continue to watch over Matt’s family and friends during this week of funeral activities.  Amen.

No comments: