Thursday, July 15, 2021

July 15 – “Wake up call. 4:30 a.m.”

Wake up call.  4:30 a.m.  No, it wasn’t intentional.  No, it wasn’t some grand gesture that grabbed our attention philosophically or some sudden, deep insight that changed our lives spiritually.  It was Chris’ new play toy that has been strapped to her chest.  The monitor caused the burner phone to buzz and flash lights.  And what was the issue?  Error code.  It said the monitor wasn’t attached to the skin tightly enough.  we couldn’t get the code to go away, so Chris finally called the 24-hour hotline number that came with the machine.  She got a very nice lady in North Dakota, of all places. 

 

As it happens, that particular code is not all that uncommon.  It happens whenever the strip of tape that makes skin connection get wrinkled in any way … like when you roll over in your sleep, or in Chris’ case, when she sleeps on her side.  It still records data constantly, but the error will also keep showing up.  So how do we deal with it?  Ready for this answer?  Hit the “Do not disturb” button, turn the phone over to hide the lights, roll over and go back to sleep.  No, really.  That’s what she said.  Data is still recorded and everything else resets in the morning.  Ah, the joys of learning new technology. 

 

Speaking of new technology, I finally used the picture storage monster flash drive I got Chris for all her photos.  It wasn’t as simple as just plugging it in.  First I had to try to read the instruction booklet.  Well, OK, that wasn’t first.  First I tried to do it on my own.  Mistake.  Then I pulled out the instruction booklet.  It was made in Korea.  I’m pretty sur ethe words were in English, but they were so small, I couldn’t see them.  They must have great eyesight in Korea.  I finally figured out that I had to download an app to her phone first.  Then I had to create a folder on the flash drive.  At last I was in a position to actually find the photos.  And it told me it could load only 1,000 at a time.  Wow.  How many photos does she have on that thing, anyway?  Guess we’ll see.

 

John 15:7 says, “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”

 

Father, thank you for the kind spirit of the lady who helped us out.  Bless her for that.  Amen.

No comments: