Friday, July 16, 2021

July 16 – “Define ‘free’”

Started the day at water exercise class again.  Different teacher this time.  Way better.  Well, except she almost killed us with a pretty intense arms workout.  Definitely got my heart rate up.  I’m kind of surprised I’m not sorer today than I am. 

 

Back to the work side of things, I spent a long time doing some reading and study on pastoral transition.  Kel gave me a book on it that he really liked, so I want to see what “page” he’s on regarding the whole thing.  It’ll help when we start actually working together, assuming the church does affirm the call recommendation on Sunday. 

 

I also spent a good deal of time trying to get more pictures straightened out.  Several thing going on there.  For one, I finally got all the children’s camp photos downloaded off of Chris’ phone.  That meant I could make the flash drive copies of them all for the kids who went to camp with us.  Gotta see to it that they have good memories instead of just Covid-ized ones.  I am also trying to complete the download of the rest of the pictures she has.  Problem there is the file extension has been changed, thanks to the people at iPhone.  And of course the new extension is not recognized by Windows conversion engine.  Which means downloading a new app that can translate.  Problem there is the free apps.  Define “free.”  See, all the so-called “free” apps only give you ten or fifty free photos before you have to buy the upgrade.  I finally found one that appears to grant ten photos a day.  But Chris has well over a thousand pictures on her phone.  Great fun.  This could take forever.

 

Last night after home group Bible study we gathered around the table and did some work toward the anniversary.  We put together the giveaways and spent a long time going through the photos.  We had to pick out around twelve from each era of the church history for Lauren to frame and put on tables as centerpieces.  That was quite the ordeal.  I think Sam’s pile had almost a hundred in it.  We’ll get them all culled down and the rest of the photos put in albums before that Sunday.

 

2 Corinthians 10:5 says, “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”

 

Father, thank you for the home group’s willingness to pitch in and help last night.  Bless them for that.  Amen.

No comments: