Tuesday, July 27, 2021

July 27 – “An aftermath day”

Josh and his crew had a late breakfast, and then hit the road for Waco.  Apparently they were more than just a Buc-ees level hungry whey they got on the road, though.  they ended up stopping at a Gringo’s for some Mexican food.  They did make it home safely.

 

Later in the afternoon we became long-distance carhops.  We took Kel a cherry limeade slush from Sonic.  Of course I told him it was because I had to take care of my staff members.  Actually, Christina texted Chris with the idea/request.  But, hey, I got a cherry limeade slush out of the deal as well. 

 

That was pretty much the extent of our activity.  I tried doing some computer work. But I just couldn’t stay awake, much less concentrate.  I guess I was more tired from the events of late last week than I thought.  Funerals are always rough anyway.  But this one involved one of my guys – a fire fighter – who also was one of Nathan’s closest friends and had become a friend to me as well.  Kind of a triple whammy stress effect.  Then right on the heels of that came the 25th anniversary celebration at Seaside.  Don’t get me wrong, I loved it.  It was so good seeing all the folks from Seaside’s past.  But it was a Sunday.  I did have a teaching to present.  And we had to get everything set up.  And taken down.  There is such a thing as good stress.  The situation is certainly positive, but the stress is just as real.

 

Anyway, all that to say simply … I was tired.  Still am, a little.  But now it’s time to get to work.  Here we go …

 

Psalms 103:19 says, “The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.”

 

Father, I do thank you for all the incredibly positive things that happened thus past weekend, from the amazing show of love for Matt to the mass of people who showed up to acknowledge the role Seaside has played in their lives.  Amen.

No comments: