Wednesday, July 21, 2021

July 21 – “Introducing the D&D”

We got rained out of water exercise class yesterday.  I know.  That sounds kind of silly, doesn’t it?  We would get wet anyway.  But they use music, so I don’t suppose they want their electronic equipment getting shorted out. 

 

Chris decided to sneak in a walk anyway during one of the lulls in the raindrops.  That girl is amazing.  She is so focused on staying healthy now.  Eating right and exercising and watching her heart rate and all.  Of course that monitor stuck to her chest does act as inspiration, I suppose.  Meanwhile … I stayed home and worked.  Not any of that mundane physical labor that would be good for MY health, though.  For me it was yet another day in front of the computer.  I’m still trying to get all my ducks in a row for the weekend before what has become an array of funeral activities kick in. 

 

We did run over to WalMart.  Woohoo.  We needed a few groceries, but I had to pick up several cans of bug spray to handle the potential mosquito infestation at our outside service on Sunday.  Hey, we did learn a few things during our Covid-induced outdoor worship series last year.  I also got the sharpies for filling in nametags and some pens for the guest book. 

 

Speaking of the weekend, we got the song sheets all printed and folded and ready to go.  I have begun gathering up some of the fun paraphernalia from the last 25 years to put on the display table.  The give-aways are all in hand, as are the t-shirts that arrived yesterday.  three-fourths of the photos are in albums, thanks to Chris.  I am working on the last set now to bring them into some kind of chronological order before we album them up.  I still have to finish up the teaching and the extras involved in introducing the D&D - Day and the Dignitaries, too.  Better get started …

 

Romans 15:13 says, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of eth Holy Spirit.”

 

Father, thank you for Chris’ dedication to her health.  Help me see it as a motivation for my own.  Amen.

No comments: