Wednesday, July 28, 2021

July 28 – “Chuga-chuga …”

We made it to water exercise class yesterday.  Why put it that way?  Because we were a little late getting there.  Chris had to change the heart monitor so she could charge up the battery.  And it chose just then to take its time doing the discovery and transfer process.  The instruction did say it could take up to an hour, so Chris was telling me to head on out.  The creature managed to finish, though, before I could get out the door.  It was a tough workout, too.  Lots of aerobic stuff.  I guess I for one needed it, though.  I am still feeling beat after the weekend.  I even took a bit of a nap to try and catch up on some energy generation.  Chuga-chuga …

 

I did get some work done towards Sunday’s teaching.  That was a real plus.  And that gave me some time to work on the new jigsaw puzzle.  My work breaks are spent plopping puzzle pieces into place … ideally.  And last night we actually watched some Olympics before the Astros game came on.  Blockbuster trade there.  Houston got a premier closer for the bullpen.  Seattle got an up and coming young star infielder.  I’ll miss Toro, though. 

 

We found out earlier in the week that the wife of one of the guys I coached in basketball many years ago died of cancer.  Her visitation and services are tonight and tomorrow.  Phil is a fine young man.  My heart grieves for him. 

 

Not sure we can make it to the services, though.  Chris has an appointment with an electro-physiologist this morning.  Seems the monitoring company called them to inform them Chris was having another issue with dangerously low heart rate.  Guess everything is on hold until we find out what is up there.  This guy is the one who puts in pacemakers.  We shall see …

 

Micah 7:18 says, “Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance?  You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.”

 

Father, please be with Chris as she goes into this appointment.  Give the doctor wisdom to know exactly what needs to be done.  Amen.

No comments: