Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 30 – “The Library”

 

Mrs. Mac is great.  So patient and quiet.  She asked me how I thought the kids did at the library today.  My answer was that they behaved just about how you would expect a group of eight junior high students to behave.  A few were really paying attention.  A few were paying no attention at all.  The rest floated in and out as their attention capabilities allowed.  Problem was, they were a group of high school students.  My concern for them is that when they head for college they are going to have to grow up very quickly. 

 

I really wanted to talk to Chris when I got home from school today.  Not about anything in particular.  I just haven't seen her very much lately.  We got started just fine.  She told me about the kinds of trees that grow best in Galveston.  It was nice to sit in the rocking chairs in the study and just talk.  After awhile, though, I couldn't keep my eyes open.  I was exhausted … again.  Chris went in to fix supper and I fell asleep in the chair. 

 

I didn't feel much better when I woke up.  Supper was good, though.  Meat and cheese and tater tots and I assume some kind of cream of something soup to hold it all together.  Leftover key lime pie for dessert.

 

We went to youth group right after we ate.  The kids were wild and crazy.  They couldn't stay focused at all on the Bible study, and after the prayer time ended and the music segment began, the cell phones came out and the chattering began.  I know they needed to blow off steam.  I was glad that Mike was in a receptive mood.  He did his best to squeeze in some Bible truths.

 

I talked to Mike for a long time after we finished.  He has some big trials coming up (He's also a CSI).  He said I looked terrible.  Actually, he might have said "tired," but I felt terrible, so that's what I heard.  He wanted to know if I had been sleeping OK and was my back hurting.  Not the right things to ask tonight.  He did say that he would take action as "school board guy" and see about getting another ad in the paper for headmaster and teachers.

 

2 Corinthians 2:14 says, "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."

 

Father, thank you for using us even when our "fragrance" feels more like "stinky."  Amen.


No comments: