Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1 – “It’s where we talk”

 

My blog last night must have really seemed bleak.  I got a great encouragement call after it went out from Mr. Ken in Austin.  Then at Luby's I got a great hug from Kel.  I started the steroids.  It took me a long time to get to sleep.  My toes were tingling enough that it was very aggravating.  Then I finally dozed off about 11:30, and the alarm went off at midnight.  Had no idea it was even set, much less for midnight.  I pulled out the old crossword puzzle book and settled in for the next hour or so.  I finally just quit and turned out the light.  I tossed and turned for awhile, but I finally fell asleep.  I know that because I woke up, wide awake, at 5.  I didn't know it until Chris woke up and I had someone to talk to, but I was losing my voice.

 

I decided to go with the extra hours and get started on the sermon.  It actually flowed pretty well.  David dancing and worshipping before the Lord after he finally gets it right in how to move the ark.  It'll be fun.

 

The teachers were ready to go this morning.  I had a lot to do as well, but I didn't get started until after ten.  For some reason today was "Let's talk" day.  I really enjoyed it.  Got to know the science teacher in particular. 

 

I left around eleven so I could get to Luby's for our regular Tuesday date with Mom.  Kel's family came for the last time in awhile, since school starts for them next week.  We had a surprise in the parking lot, though.  There stood Katie Hightower.  We don't see her nearly enough since she moved to Huntsville.  She and her sister came over to see the house.

 

The Seaside Christian Academy school board meeting was not tonight after all, as I thought and as I told two parents today.  They want to know if we can keep their kids after school until 5:30.  That is actually one of our goals for the school.  The question is whether or not we can put it together in time, with all the questions we have to answer – costs, leadership, payroll issues. 

 

With no meeting I was able to go WalMart shopping – just me and Chris.  We like to do that.  It's where we talk.  And most of the time where we see people we know.  Didn't see anyone we knew tonight.  Just what seemed like a lot of Texas A&M students. 

 

Oh, the fireplace people came today to put the finishing touches on their work.  Didn't happen.  The part they ordered didn't fit.  Now we get to wait until it comes in again.  We're still planning our Hallelujah Party for the 12th at four.  I don't know how much we'll still have to do by then, but, bring on the party.  It's been a year.

 

2 Peter 3:8-9 says, "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

 

Father, thanks for being patient with me.  Amen.


No comments: