Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16 – “Here we are”

 

The water of the Gulf of Mexico was calm as a lake this morning.  All day, in fact.  What a great day to go fishing. 

 

After school I got home in time to tell Chris goodbye.  She was on her way to Bay City.  Tomorrow is a doctor day for her Mom and Dad.  He is switching from a cardiologist in Temple to one in Houston.  That'll make things a little easier on Chris.  She drove off and Mom quickly went inside and disappeared into her room.  Mere seconds later she returned with her purse in hand.  I asked where she was going.  She said I was taking her to pick up her prescriptions at Randall's.  Now.  OK.  I did need gas in the truck, and that would be in the same parking lot, so at least we would kill two birds with one stone.  We headed out on an errands run.  Before we got out of our subdivision she asked, "Can we go to the bank on the way?"  We added a trip to the bank before going to Randall's.  As we pulled away from the pump, Mom said, "So we are eating at Luby's aren't we?  It's been awhile since we have been there."  So we went straight across the street to Luby's.  Then as we pulled onto the street after supper, she said, "We do pass by WalMart, don't we?  I have it in my purse."  I figured she knew already, but I didn't, so I asked what she had in her purse, and what did it have to do with WalMart?  Yarn.  And hearing aid batteries.  And when we passed it, Ensure.  WalMart.  We pulled into our driveway with just enough time to go inside, make a quick bathroom stop, and get back in the car for youth group.  That covered up until we got home around 8:30 or so.  At that point I figured I should get the blog done before starting anything else.  And so here we are.

 

I noticed today that by early afternoon I was sinking into mush brain again.  The pain is not as bad as it has been, but I found myself staring at the computer screen instead of creating the transcript I was working on.  The neurologist is supposed to call tomorrow or Friday.  I guess I should ask him if that is related to the Celebrex or to the problem.

 

Tomorrow is our first home group since the storm.  I really wanted to get something great prepared, but since school started, I haven't had time to slow down.  I have to lead a Bible Study and figure out a way to do some music.  And clean house for Chris, since she won't get back until tomorrow afternoon.  I also have a wedding this weekend.  Rehearsal is Friday at 4, and the wedding is Saturday at 4 in Pirates Beach.  I talked to the bride today, and she wants to add something to the ceremony.   That means I also have to rewrite that tomorrow.  At least my jury duty summons that came today is not until October 14.  Since when did they start on Wednesday?

 

    

Mark 1:22 says, "The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law."

 

Father, please come on down and teach us.  Amen.


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: