Thursday, September 3, 2009

September 3 – “No particular order”

 

Here's my day in no particular order.  Chris just told me about her day with her Mom.  Doesn't sound very good.  Her lungs are already filling up again.  She wants to go to church, but she's afraid to ask her husband to go with her.  She fell again this afternoon when Dub went with Chris to get her some gas for the drive home, and couldn't get up.  She ended up lying in the rain for ten minutes or so until he got home.  She was mad.  Then she sounded, in Chris' words, "defeated."  Chris is pretty shaken up tonight.  She is amazingly strong, though.  I think she gets it from, well, her mother,

 

The School board said they will help organize school supplies and will help with the elective/study hall hours.  They actually started organizing tonight after the meeting.  All I want is to know what we have so we don't have to ask parents to bring more of what we don't need.

 

Jachin's very first soccer game was a huge highlight of my day.  His team played against the team of one of the little guys from Seaside.  And in the other game going on at the same time, two more of our little Seasiders were playing.  It was a lot of fun.  Jachin is good.  In his daddy's words, "He gets soccer, so he can be successful."

 

Steroid update … Tomorrow I'm down to half a tablet two times a day.  I carried a box into the church today and my elbow started hurting again.  The nodule thing on my hand is definitely still there, too.  I can still feel a little of the rush from the last few days, especially for an hour or so after a dose.  But it's not the same.  I welcome the peace when it arrives somewhere in the midst of the two doses.  It just doesn't last long.  It goes from wild and crazy super thought mania, to solemn painful brain mush.  And sometimes I want the painful brain mush.  Especially in the midst of all the craziness with school starting.

 

I had to clean out my office this morning so I could fill it up with students' "lockers" tomorrow.  I sure hope we have enough of the right kind of books for everyone.  And I hope I can get the scheduling to work out with no conflicts.

 

The kids are getting excited about starting.  One of the dads asked me tonight if I felt like I was close to getting there.  I don't know if I'm getting close to being "there" or not.  I've never been "there," so I have no idea how close I am to anything.

 

I found out tonight that our secretary only knew about two of the extra copy machines we have.  Interesting. 

 

I really do feel a lot of stress about school.  I am afraid of the disappointing the students and their parents and the board.  We have no prospects for a headmaster right now, though.  Help, God.

 

The guy I interviewed today would be good for English, not math.  He said he never even took Calculus.  But Jim said he would do math at least for awhile.  He still has no job.  Problem is, he can't take any money from us as a side job or he'll lose unemployment. But he has interview in San Antonio on 9th-10th.  I would have to get a sub.  Doesn't make me happy.  I have two more interviews tomorrow, but only the hope there is English. 

 

Psalms 2:11 says, "Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling."

 

Father, I have the trembling down.  Now I want my reason to be rejoicing.  Amen.


No comments: