Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September 23 – “Fall”

 

I had a rough day today.  The ragweed count was off the charts, and my Claritin-D just couldn't keep up.  My back had a catch in it when I woke up.  And with the weather change, my elbows are killing me.  But hey, it was a great day.

 

The weather was great.  It was in the 60's with a nice northerly breeze.  Fall weather that is unrelated to hurricanes is what makes it great to be in Galveston.  That and fishing.  But I still haven't been wade fishing since the storm.

 

The kids at school were mellow from the time they arrived.  They stayed focused pretty well on the classes they were in.  And they didn't go berserk at lunch.  I got two of them started on their self study Bible classes.  And I found a website that looks like has the self study elective options I have been looking for. I'll for sure have to adapt them, but at least I'll have the core curriculum to start from.  Nobody called in a panic about the swine flu.  And that kid's mom is coming by tomorrow to pick up some schoolwork for him to be working on.

 

Chris is still in Bay City, but her Dad was allowed to come home.  He is still having some problems, though.  He gets really dizzy whenever he stands up.  She is staying another night to help watch him.  She said her Mom can't pick him up if he falls.  I asked her if she thought "My Super Wife" could pick him up.  Her answer was classic.  "Hey, I know how to call 911."

 

Mom took me out to supper.  Well, I drove.  We went to Sonic and brought our burgers to the house.  By the time we finished eating I was dead tired.  We decided not to go to youth group tonight.  We'll just stay here and watch a movie or something.

 

Hebrews 3:13 says, "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."

 

Father, thank you for the encouragers in my life.  Send it back on them, OK?  Amen.


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: