Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9 – “A Twinge”

 

I started out this morning by talking to a mom at school.  She had read the student handbook and had some questions.  Then a teacher wanted to talk about helping a student get on a faster track in his studies so he wouldn't get bored.  The calm atmosphere was still there.  Two different students asked permission before they did something.  The "Upper Lower" teacher (older elementary and middle school) asked if her students could be in charge of putting together a school yearbook and newsletter.  One of her students' moms is a marketing major and has offered to help.  The English teacher was getting all set up to teach the students how to edit their own papers.  And two of the students had an appointment to take placement tests to get into dual credit courses at Galveston College.  The PE teacher / personal trainer wowed her class with tales of her weight lifting and their impending personalized exercise routines.  The calm atmosphere is still there, but it's mixed with a twinge of out and out excitement every now and then.

 

Talked to my neurologist's office this morning.  I laid out what has been going on, and now I have to go in for an appointment Friday morning.  They called in a prescription for a pain medication.  I'm not supposed to take any motrin or celebrex between now and then.  I guess that will get it all out of my system and I can start fresh.  On what, I don't know.  I have no idea what comes next. 

 

Mom and I went to Luby's for supper.  The brother of a friend of hers came to our table and talked forever.  He talked about four different hurricanes as if he had been through them personally last week.  Even Mom got tired after awhile and asked if we could go.

 

Psalms 23 says, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

 

Father, I just needed to hear that one again today.  Amen.


No comments: