Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 10 – “coulda stood it”

 

Want to know what two things really made my day worthwhile today?  Getting to see Chris after school and Getting to play with Cailyn.  A beautiful wife and a laughing granddaughter.  If I could have thrown about four strapping grandsons into the mix, I don't know if I "coulda stood it."

 

Chris spent the night at the hospital with her Mom last night.  She might get to go home tomorrow.  I think it depends on the availability of the home health nurses she will need. 

 

Nathan and April and Cailyn were over to do some more laundry.  Nathan had to go in to work for a few hours tonight, so April and Cailyn stayed for a long time.  I was actually working in the yard for a lot of that time.  We are trying to get ready for our one year after Ike, back in our house, Hallelujah Party coming up Saturday at four … come on over.  You're invited, too.  Anyway, I was trying to get the grass and weeds in the front yard to look a little better than the shaggy mass they were.  And all I had was a weedeater, too.  I barely got through the very front before it got too dark to continue.  Chris said it looks a lot better, but it's just one more frustrating thing right now. 

 

Somehow tomorrow we have to straighten up the backyard at least a little bit.  And I don't know yet what all Chris has in her heart to have done before the first guest arrives Saturday.  She has been trying to refinish a chair and decide where to hang things.  The hall bathroom has its designated pictures already up and it look very nice.  Old Galveston theme. 

 

Tomorrow morning I see the neurologist.  After those few days on steroids where I had no pain to speak of at all, it's depressing to wake up creaking and stiff and hurting again.  On the other hand I did sleep from eleven o'clock to four thirty last night.  That's the longest stretch since I started the steroids.  I do miss sleeping. 

 

We had two students drop out of school today.  Sisters.  Their mom wants to homeschool the oldest one so she can get started more quickly on college.  We'll miss them.  They are smart girls.  The art teacher was there for the first time.  The kids were typically squirrelly.  He's going to have it tough, because they also see him as a neighbor.  I've decided we have to figure out some way to make art and personal training true electives and allow the students to do something else if they are not interested.  Plus, some of them don't need to be in the same class with a guy they can only see as a neighborhood friend.  They get nervous and giggly and no one gets anything done.  I wish there were three of me.  Or at least that there was someone who knew what they were doing as headmaster.  It hasn't even been a week and I feel overwhelmed again.  And tired.

 

Revelation 21:1-4 says, "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.'"

 

Father, please keep your peace hovering over Seaside Christian Academy.  Amen.


No comments: