Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26 – “Marriage”

 

Today we hustled out of the house around 8:00 to get to League City by 9:00 for a marriage conference led by Gray Chapman.  He's the guy who wrote The Five Love Languages.  Great book.  The conference was really good.  Dr. Chapman was very entertaining, even downright funny.  Chris and I got a kick out of watching the people around us laugh.  It was also interesting to see what things they laughed at and when they stayed silent.  Ah, I love watching people.

 

Kel and Christina were there with some friends of theirs who helped them back when they first moved to Galveston to start a church.  They now live in Houston.  Our friends from Kingwood were there.  Nathan and April came, too.  We had one whole row pretty much all to ourselves.  Kel and I bought some of the books.  I am replenishing my supply of resources.  He had books not only on marriage, but also family, anger, and separation as well.

 

After the conference we stopped by a teacher's supply store in League City.  Our kindergarten teacher asked for a huge writing table with lines on it and a real felt board.  She made one, but I think it had already begun to fall apart on her.  She also wanted an easel, but they didn't have any of those. 

 

I'm looking forward to just sitting around and maybe watching some TV with Chris and Mom tonight.  We don't have to be anywhere at this point.  I know that could change at any minute, so I'm going to enjoy the time I have.

 

3 John 2 says, "Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."

 

Father, thank you for some time this evening.  I appreciate it.  Amen.


No comments: