Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 29 – “Wondering”

 

 

I'm writing this before Chris gets home from Bay City.  She should be here shortly.  The last text I got from her was that the news this time wasn't good about her Mom.  I have been wondering how "the news" has affected Chris.  It feels like I have been feeling her pain all afternoon.  I wish I could have been with her, at least for the drive home. 

 

School was interesting today.  We had two teachers call in at the last minute.  Their classes are the last two of the day, so I decided to get out the Monopoly games.  We set up two boards.  One was the regular old-fashioned Monopoly game.  The other was one based on the national parks in America.  The boards were side by side, and the game pieces had to move across both board in a figure eight pattern.  It made the game more interesting for eight students to play all at once.  They stayed into it for the better part of an hour before some of them started getting bored.  I let them play an economics game on Facebook called Farmville.  Tomorrow is our first high school field trip.  It's to the library, but only one of them had turned in their permission slip as of today.  We'll see who really gets to go and how we can handle not taking some of them, since I have to drive one of the vehicles.

 

I worked in the back yard when I got home.  I finally emptied all the sockets out of the last bucket of diesel.  Now I can use it to try to get some rust off the bigger tools, like saws and pruners, and shovels.  I guess I could just throw away some of those kinds of tools.  They don't have the sentimental value of the socket sets and wrenches that were my Dad's.  I'll decide when I pull them out of the old trash cans they are sitting in now.  I also need to clean out the boxes that we stacked in the garage before the Hallelujah Party.  And somehow I need to get that loveseat out there over to First Baptist Church.  Then we need to finish emptying Terri's garage of the rest of our "stuff," whatever that is.

 

Song of Solomon 3:4 says, "Scarcely had I passed them when I found the one my heart loves.  I held him and would not let him go till I had brought him to my mother's house, to the room of the one who conceived me."

 

Father, sometimes I miss my wife like that.  I want to know you like that every day.  Amen.


No comments: