Monday, September 21, 2009

September 21 – “presumed partial sacrilization”

 

I got a text from Chris just as I was leaving school today.  She was in Houston at a doctor's appointment for her Dad.  He was changing his cardiologist from Temple to Houston.  All that apparently went well.  Maybe too well.  They discovered that he needs a new pacemaker right away.  His heart doesn't beat at all on its own anymore, so this is a big deal.   They want to do surgery tomorrow, so Chris will be spending the night somewhere.  She might stay at the hospital, but she also might take her Mom back to Bay City and stay there.  She is supposed to let me know when she wants me to come.

 

I got a copy of the test results from the neurologist's office.  Of course I can't understand all the medical gobbledygook, especially on the blood test.  I did see words like "central disc bulge with a tear of the annulus" (what's an annulus??), "presumed partial sacrilization," "broad disc bulge," "mild to moderate canal stenosis," and my all-time favorite: "disc herniation indenting the thecal sac with superior fragment migration."  I think I know what it means: "My back hurts."

 

I'm heading out to Target to see if they have the movie "The 13th Warrior."  Our English teacher wants to show parts of it in a study of Beowulf.   I also need Claritin-D.  Hope they'll sell it to me this time.  I have to wait fifteen days every time I buy some before I'm eligible to buy them again. 

 

Hebrews 2:11 says, "Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers."

 

Father, please with Dub tonight.  And Vern. And Chris.  Amen.

 

 

 


No comments: