Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28 – “Reboot to Opening Day”

 

We started the school day off with a staff meeting.  All the issues had already been dealt with as they arose, so I basically told them that I appreciated their handling things. 

 

The science teacher was sick again, but the history teacher kind of filled in for him, making sure the students got started.  The secretary even sat in on some classes.  Sometime this morning the PE teacher called in as well.  She was hung up at work and couldn't make it in.  She suggested I make them write an essay on the benefits of stretching or something like that.  I told her I would come up with something for them.  When that class started we had a "Reboot to opening day" discussion.  I reminded them of some of the things we talked about back them.  They wanted to talk about one of the teachers.   I sure hope they get those relationships straightened out.  It's going to be a long year otherwise.  After our little meeting I had them run three laps around the perimeter of the church property. 

 

Just as school was letting out the bottom dropped out of the sky.  It rained hard for at least an hour.  After everyone left I went by the home of the English teacher.  She left her cell phone at school.  I thought about calling her to see what she wanted to do, but the only number we had was … her cell phone.  No one was home, so I'll just give it to her tomorrow.

 

I stopped by Randall's to get my neurontin prescription refilled.  They didn't have enough for all of it, so they gave me some to last a few days, and I have to go back for the rest. 

 

Chris is in Bay City again.  She will stay one more night and take her Mom to the cancer doctor tomorrow.  Her Mom thinks the might do chemo, but Chris has told her over and over that they won't do chemo until her cardiologist releases her.

 

John 4:21 says, "Jesus declared, '"Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.'"

 

Father, I'm ready to worship you.  Any time.  Amen.


No comments: